Steel balconies have gained immense popularity among homeowners in recent years. They are incredibly easy to install and can be added to just about any home without significant remodelling or restructuring required, making them a great way to upgrade a home and increase the liveable space in a cost-effective manner. In this post, we take a closer look at some of the advantages and design options for steel balconies to give you a better idea of how you might add them to your home.
Advantages of Steel Balconies
There are numerous advantages to adding steel balconies to your home, including:
Structural Strength and Durability
Steel is known around the world as one of the best materials when it comes to building and construction because of its structural strength and durability. Because of this, when you build a balcony using steel, you can rest assured that it will be able to withstand significant loads without any issues.
Low Maintenance Requirements
Steel is a material that is relatively low maintenance compared to other common building materials for balconies. This makes steel balconies exceptionally suitable for busy individuals and professionals who don’t have the time to perform regular maintenance work.
Expanded Outdoor Living Spaces
With a steel balcony, you can effectively create an outdoor space for your home regardless of whether your home originally had one. This outdoor space can be personalised to your liking, and you can use it for a variety of different functions, such as planting flowers or alfresco dining.
Steel Balcony Design Options
Steel balconies offer a variety of different design options due to the versatility of the material. Some of the more common styles that you might encounter include:
- Glass Panel Inserts: By combining the steel frame with glass panels in between each individual steel bar, you can create a balcony with uninterrupted views of your home’s surroundings.
- Ornate Balustrades: For a more traditional and elaborate steel balcony, you can opt for ornate balustrades with intricate patterns that add a touch of elegance to your steel balcony.
- Integrated Planters: You can also incorporate integrated planters into your steel balcony if you want to create a space where you can grow plants or flowers.
- Wraparound Balcony: As its name suggests, a wraparound balcony extends to the sides of the building to create a large outdoor balcony area that comes with more vantage points.
- Floating Balcony: Floating balconies use discreet or hidden steel support beams. This gives an illusion that the balcony is floating and is ideal for achieving a sleek, modern aesthetic.
Let RW Steel Help You Build Your Steel Balcony
RW Steel is a leading supplier of steel in Melbourne, and we offer a variety of steel products to suit all your building and construction needs. Choose from our selection of 100uc15, 200ub18, 250ub25, galvanised steel posts and other steel offerings. Contact us today for a free quote, and we will be more than happy to help you find what you need.